1. It’s April and it’s still not over.
2. The Coach at Rutgers. Call it the Bobby Knight defense. The excuse for not firing him in November when videos revealed him verbally and physically abusing his players? They didn’t want to risk losing their invitation to the Big Ten.
3. The Coach at Florida Gulf Coast University. USC didn’t even wait until the tournament ended to hire him away. You can’t blame him for following the money, but what about the team he leaves behind?
4. The money. See 2. and 3. to learn about the millions – millions – more coaches earn than professors. Coaches should be listed on the University balance sheet as resource development staff.
5. Lots of money means lots of corruption. The NCAA has lots of rules about not giving the players a piece of the action but the trough is open to everyone else who turns a blind eye toward the education that isn’t happening for the kids who don’t make it to the NBA.
Okay, I’m done now.
P.S. I love Bill Littlefield – the best voice in sports.